Become a member of our professionals-only networking site. Our goal is to encourage professionals interested in studying the patented, FUNetix Reading Decoding System and the FUNetix 12 Hour Reading App, to participate in an active forum, to offer critical feedback, to sponsor or participate in rigorous testing, active discussions, and the sharing of ideas, and to help us continually extend our ability to teach children how to read.
To start connecting and collaborating with teachers, principals, administrators, specialists and researchers around the country:
- Click the Register tab below in the FUNetix Reading Forum (It’s totally free);
- Select the education title that best fits your occupation;
- Enter your name and institutional email address; then choose a password;
- Finish creating your account by clicking on the link in the activation email that we will send to you.
We are interested in your ideas and feedback during our beta testing phase and beyond. Once you have activated your account, come back to this page and Click Here to fill out our "Professional Feedback" Google form and to receive the first set of six FUNetix Learning Modules through our "Educator Feedback" path. Upon completion, and your initial feedback, we will send you the next set of six modules so that you can see for yourself how children progress through the FUNetix App and learn to read up to a second grade level within about 12 hours of total instruction time.
- Feedback regarding the beta test modules. We value hearing about your personal initial perceptions of the FUNetix reading learning experience.
- Observations and feedback about children using the beta test modules. During our beta testing, we are gathering data on children’s response to the app in order to guide quality improvement of the learning experience. For those of you who wish to implement the app with children in your caseload, we would like to hear your observations.
- Using FUNetix to combat the COVID-19 crisis together. A discussion of how the FUNetix App can be integrated into the COVID-19 educational environment during disruptions in teaching within physical school classrooms.
- Research and testing ideas. We are encouraging teachers, researchers, and Ph.D candidates looking for research ideas for their theses to join our forum and share possible research designs. For example, can you imagine a scenario using data from the last IEP showing grade level in reading, then performing the same standardized test of reading after the child has completed the FUNetix reading app? Could you compare IEP scores in the same time frame with kids who did not get the app? Our goal is to continuously build evidence within the research community to improve the integration of FUNetix across the country.
The vision of FUNetix is universal literacy. Our goal is to encourage open, honest, professional, polite, and open-minded discussion about all things literacy, and about the neuroscientific underpinnings of the patented FUNetix reading decoding methodology and the FUNetix Reading App. The site will be monitored for and will dismiss any persons engaging in abusive language, demeaning remarks, and any other form of unprofessional conduct, as well as hacking, cybercrime activities, or other forms of misrepresentation of professional credentials.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of a close-knit, professional, advisory community. We look forward to dialoguing with you!
No tags found
The American Youth Literacy Foundation, 501 c 3, dba FUNetix, is a nationwide, charitable non-profit dedicated to bringing literacy to every child before they reach the end of 3rd grade. Contact: info@YouthLit.org. EIN 26-3211521. 492 Reginald Lane, Collegeville, PA 19426. 215-868-1098